2013年7月17日水曜日

Today we talked about "domestic newts" and "shingeki no kyojin"


Today, I took a new tutor's lesson. Tentatively, I name her "Ms. E".
At first, I introduced myself. And the topic went to my pets. She has many pets. But when I said I keep newts, her reaction wasn't good.
In Philipine, there are "domestic news". I have never heard of it.

<Picture: a domestic newt in Philipine>

they trespass from outside, and walk on the wall and the ceiling. they are very small, but she dislike them because they often fall on to her while having dinner or watching TV. It surely is so scary!
But she didn't fear of them in her childhood. Maybe, neither did I. Children have much curiosity to everything.
i tried to explain a newt but i missed the vocabulary what i wanted to say. the below is a reminder for me.

両生類 an amphibian (animal). ←for example: a newt, a flog
爬虫類 reptiles ←for example: lizard, a crocodile
哺乳類 the mammals.
鳥類は birds, fowls, avian(Adjective)
魚類は  fish
And I learned the meaning of "Just chillin'." It's a colloquial expression and mainly used in U.S.
<see the meaning in a dictionary>

And we also talked about Fish Spa. I said I'd seen it before in a "public bath".
But it's just a foot spa. She was kind to send me the pic of a whole-body-fish-spa with a lady.

<fish spa 01>
<fish spa 02>

I learned the new word "ticklish".  It also have another meaning.
<see the meaning in a dictionary>


・LAのコスプレイベントでは、進撃の巨人のコスをしてる人ばかりで驚いたそう。
She likes Japanese animes and mangas a lot. She watched a cosplayers' event in LA and shocked since most of the cosplayers weared the costumes of "Shingeki no Kyojin". I didn't know that this manga was so popular all over the world, She likes it very much too.
<Picture: "shingeki no kyojin">

And I found she was very good in japanese. At first, she looked surprised. Maybe that's because my English speaking was better than she had thought.
She said "Will let you know how I learned the language, i only know basic japanese." and I got her promise that she would show me her cosplay pictures! I'm  really looking forward to seeing them.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿